Throughout this site you will find information about my research interests, teaching activities and professional service.
I am a Full Professor of Telecommunications at Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna in Pisa. I am also Rector Delegate for Master and PhD.
I am currently serving as Member of the Managing Board of the Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Telecomunicazioni (CNIT).
I teach many courses in the area of Telecommunication Networks and I am the Director of the Erasmus Mundus Master on Photonic Integrated Circuits, Sensors and Networks (PIXNET). I am Responsible for the Training of the Inphotec foundation.
My research deals with telecommunication networks and systems, networks softwarization, photonic integrated networks. I am Responsible of the area of Networks And Services at the TeCIP Institute of Scuola Sant’Anna.
I currently serve as Executive Editor of the journal Transactions on Emerging Telecommunication Technologies (ETT) published by Wiley.
I also work on technology transfer with many primary companies such as TIM, RFI and Trenitalia.
I am an IEEE Member since 1993, Senior Member since 2012.
- November 1992-October 1995: PhD Student in Information Technologies (VIII cycle) at the University of Parma. PhD degree attained in November 1996.
- September 1992 to November 1992: ST-Microelectronics scholarship holder on the topic “Smart Power integrated circuits” at the University of Bologna.
- April 1991: Qualification to practice the profession of Engineer, member of the italian Albo degli Ingegneri since 1991.
- February 1991: Five-year Degree in Electronic Engineering (major in Telecommunications and
Microelectronics) at the University of Bologna cum laude.
- July 1985: High School degree at the Liceo Scientifico “A. Roiti” in Ferrara.
Page last updated Sept. 2, 2018